1) LadyGang – DEFINITELY my favorite podcast at the moment. These girls are so f*cking funny and real. Each girl is so different and brings something unique to the show, but they are all connected through their jobs and living and working in Hollywood.
Keltie Knight is the brunette and my fave, she is the Type-A one who is a red carpet corespondent and journalist who was on the Insider so she has tons of celeb stories. Becca Tobin is the one in the middle, you might recognize her from Glee (she was one of the cheerleaders, idk I don’t watch that show) and she’s kind of the bitchy direct one. Jac Vanek runs her own clothing line that features shirts with sassy sayings on them you’ve probably seen on Instagram. They bring on celeb guests to interview and they cover real topics like fillers in your butt for cellulite, pooping, relationships, etc.
2) Glowing Up – This is a newer podcast I just found, all about hair/makeup/beauty/health/girliness and glowiness. The two girls who run it are so fun to listen to, they just love what they’re talking about and it’s like you’re with girlfriends chatting about new products and your favorite makeup. One episode they are reviewing the Kim Kardashian contour kit (not positively I might add which I love) and the next they are doing a show and tell of foundation brushes from Walmart.
3) That’s So Retrograde – This is a close 2nd for favorite podcast. It features two comediennes who live in LA. The show is all about wellness mixed with realness and humor. Think hangover meets yoga meets green juice. They have some really cool guests come on and talk about whatever wellness topic they specialize in, for example there’s been a tarot reader, a shaman, a thyroid specialist, crystal healer, psychic stylist, and the Doctor who created Murad skincare to name a few. You definitely need to be a little open-minded for some of the guests (I’ll leave this episode here) but the girls are so funny and entertaining and you may find something new you’re interested in.
4) My Favorite Murder – I was listening to this podcast 24/7 for a few weeks until I had to stop because I was having nightmares of being murdered, lol. If you are into true crime but also enjoy a laugh then check out MFM. I promise it’s really not that scary, I just need to stop listening right before bed.
Two women chat about their favorite murder for the week, retelling the story in their own words (which a lot of times are wrong) but incredibly entertaining. They are very up front about the fact that they don’t do a ton of research or always have the facts, so if that’s what you want then maybe not for you. They’ve developed a huge following and have a ton of funny catchprases and sayings you’ll start to pick up on once you listen, like the famous “You’re in a cult, call your dad” and of course, “Stay sexy, don’t get murdered.”
5) Lore – If you enjoy storytelling and a little bit of spookiness, then check out Lore. It’s just one guy, who tells stories based on old (real) scary/weird stories, tied in with other legends/folklore and real events. They have great music mixed in that really gives you that spooky vibe. The only thing that stinks is the episodes are short at only 30 minutes and they come out every two weeks.
PaleOMG Uncensored – PaleOMG is a blog full for Paleo recipes. She also writes a lot about her crossfit and exercise routine and branches into fashion sometimes as well. The podcast isn’t really about food or recipes… just her life. I think Juli is really funny and entertaining, I love her big personality but her podcast still needs some work. Right now, it’s a little unorganized or doesn’t really have a clear theme or purpose to each episode, so I listen sporadically. If you’re into Paleo, Crossfit or fitness in general check her out.
Almost 30 – This is a newer one I’ve been listening to, so not sure how much I love it yet. It kind of comes across as if they are trying to be like the That’s So Retrograde girls. They cover the basics – nutrition, health and wellness but they also have a focus on career and personal development which is a little different and have some cool female entrepreneurs on the show.
The Bitch Bible – I listen to this podcast mainly because I love the host Jackie Schimmel and think she is hilarious. A lof of the episodes are Jackie giving a recap of some Real Housewives or Bachelor episode, which I don’t watch so that’s why I’m not more obsessed with TBB. The only real theme of the podcast is Jackie’s raw and straightforward personality. She doesn’t take herself too seriously and loves to shit-talk, so it’s a light entertaining listen.
Comment your favorites if you have some new ones for me to check out!